Re: Workbook demands .mov file on opening, how do I suppress?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128572] Re: Workbook demands .mov file on opening, how do I suppress?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 20:13:33 -0500 (EST)

On 01/11/2012 07:19, phillman5 wrote:
> More than a year ago I made workbook that draws an atomic dipole pattern, then rotates that around an axis.  I then saved the frames to a .mov movie file. I still have the workbook and the movie file.  I now want to change the axis that the dipole rotates around.  When I open the workbook Mathematica says it can't find the dipole .mov movie file (it asks for file of a strange name containing g#28, which I don't think I used).  I have found no way to cancel this request, although there is a cancel button, it repeatable asks again.  If I point to the .mov file I have (I have even renamed it with the requested file name containing g#28) that file is greyed out and can't be selected.
>
> How can I get past this request for the .mov file?

In view of the odd file name, I can't help wondering if there is some
disk corruption involved here. If you have an old backup, you might want
to retrieve the notebook from there and see if it exhibits the same problem.

Try clearing the menu option "Evaluation/Dynamic evaluation Enabled" and
see if you can open the notebook. Failing that, if you can post the
notebook somewhere on a website, someone here (maybe me) will find a
solution if at all possible.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk