Improvements to Mathematica 9 Frontend?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128844] Improvements to Mathematica 9 Frontend?
- From: mmausr <opngid at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:55:25 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Can anyone find any improvements or enhancements to the front-end in this latest release from Wolfram? I was hoping for OpenType math fonts support (e.g. Cambria Math) as well as a rework of some of the math formula typesetting algorithms to become more competitive with LaTeX's default output (i.e. before any manual nudging). Although it would likely break cross-platform compatibility for some, one way to accomplish this goal would be to incorporate Microsoft's very impressive RichEdit 8.0 control (under development by Murray Sargent) currently featured in Office 2013. Publicon and AuthorTools have come and gone. Now we have CDF. What do others feel that the front-end still needs most in order for Mathematica's front-end notebook interface to become (for them) a true LaTeX replacement?