How to simplify certain covariance expressions using

Hi,

  I have a certain case of covariance to simplify.

Suppose I have the following expression:
cov=(ea+ex)(ea+ey)=eaea+eaex+eaey+exey

How can I assume that whenever ex times ey ,the product is 0, so that the expression I want to get out of is

Assuming[exey=0,Refine[cov]]=eaea+eaex+eaey
So that the last term:exey, drops out.

My problem is that the Assuming[] function won't take exey=0 as a valid assumption. Is there any way to do this using some other function or I typed something wrong?