Re: Speak errors (was Re: audio)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130627] Re: Speak errors (was Re: audio)
  • From: Clif McInnis <c_mcinnis at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:09:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi debguy,
Yes, I think that a race condition is what is happening. When the code is run without Pause statements, the graphics can easily race ahead of the audio, and when Pause statements are included, after each speak[], the audio races ahead of the graphics. I tried to find  "FrontEndEvaluate" in the Documentation Center, but it gave me "FrontEndExecute" (which did not seem to address the question) instead.
I have also tried to disable the buttons (Enable-> False) when the button is pressed and have them enable again when the graphics has updated, but that doesn't seem to work(does about the same thing as the pause statements).
I appreciate all suggestions.