Re: Export with append??

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129468] Re: Export with append??
  • From: "Maarten van der Burgt" <Maarten.vanderBurgt at>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 01:40:03 -0500 (EST)
Dear Alexei,

Thanks for your help. Hope the Wolfram folks are reading this as well.
Something simple like this should really be an option in the function

Meanwhile I found back something similar for XLS files in my knowledge

XLAppend[oldfile_, newfile_, newdata_] :=  Module[

{sheets, olddata, completedata},

  sheets = Import[oldfile, "Sheets"];

  olddata = {#, Import[oldfile, {"Sheets", #}]} & /@ sheets;

  completedata = Join[olddata, newdata];

Export[newfile, Rule @@@ completedata]

Best regards,

Maarten van der Burgt

Product Engineering  - ICOS Division

KLA-Tencor | ICOS Division
Tel: +32 16 398220 | Direct: +32 16 398263 | Fax: +32 16 400067

KLA-TENCOR (Belgium) - Haasrode Research Park 1112 - Esperantolaan 8 -
B-3001 Leuven - BELGIUM