Re: Mathematica and Lisp

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120019] Re: Mathematica and Lisp
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 04:18:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 3, 2013, at 10:58 PM, Richard Fateman <fateman at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> On 3/3/2013 5:57 AM, Bob Hanlon wrote:
>> "@@@ ?"
>>
>> The operator @@@ has been used and explained multiple times on this
>> newsgroup and is documented in the Mathematica help.
> /I'm a touch typist.
> So I'm happy with examples like this ---
>
> ? Apply
>   which  works
>
> But
>
> ? @@@
>
> returns Information::nomatch
>
> To use your method I must remove at least one hand from the keyboard,
> scramble around to find
>  the mouse and then hit f1 and then return my hand to the keyboard in
> order to  get the documentation.

Aww -- such hardship! So much that I can barely understand why you'd even bother to use Mathematica -- except possible for the singular purpose of burdening this group with your many posts that don't actually help anybody to use Mathematica and don't make viable suggestions on how WRI might improve the product.
---
Murray Eisenberg                                    murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower            phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts                               413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                         fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305