How Random works?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg130726] How Random works?
- From: Joug Raw <jougraw at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 03:53:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I want to know which algorithm Mathematica are using to generate random numbers. How large is its period? And how the deterministic part works? I also need to have an quantitative idea about the bias in a random sequence produced by this algorithm. I tried google it, but have nothing found regarding to any details about the algorithm. Any one can help? Thanks.