Re: setting highlight color and font size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130869] Re: setting highlight color and font size
  • From: Dushan Mitrovich <dushanm at nnips.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 02:20:10 -0400 (EDT)

Bob Hanlon wrote:
> (1) I don't know.
>
> (2) An easy thing to do is to change the display magnification at the
> bottom of the workbook window or use the menu command
>
>   Window | Magnification

Yes, this would work for me, but I'll be converting the whole thing to
CDF for my wife's use (it's a cash-flow projection pgm) so that method
isn't going to be very effective.  I'd like to make it user-proof.

> (3) Until assigned a value, what you type is a Symbol.
>
> Head /@ {word, 2, Pi, Pi // N, 3.14, 1/4, "str"}
>
> {Symbol, Integer, Symbol, Real, Real, Rational, String}
>
> #[word] & /@ {Head, StringQ, NumericQ}
>
> {Symbol, False, False}
>
> word = 2;
>
> #[word] & /@ {Head, StringQ, NumericQ}
>
> {Integer, False, True}
>
> word = "str";
>
> #[word] & /@ {Head, StringQ, NumericQ}
>
> {String, True, False}
>
> word =.
>
> #[word] & /@ {Head, StringQ, NumericQ}
>
> {Symbol, False, False}
>

> Bob Hanlon

Thanks for all these examples, they illustrate your point effectively.

- Dushan
     [ reverse the middle word of address to reply directly ]