Re: Decision whether point lies within closed contour

An algorithm exists, see point in polygon on Wikipedia, but is not one of the built in functions as far as I know.

Daniel Lichtblau has a implementation of ray casting here:  http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2009/Feb/msg00519.html

Regards,
Sseziwa