Re: Exporting "Speak" to an audio file?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131904] Re: Exporting "Speak" to an audio file?
- From: Itai Seggev <itais at wolfram.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:23:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:39:08AM -0400, David Bailey wrote: > On 25/10/2013 04:47, Brentt wrote: > > Thank you. I thought for sure I just was missing the functionality in the > > documents, thanks for giving me a definitive answer. It is a strange > choice > > to omit the functionality. > > > > Well of course, it is hard for me to be definitive about missing > functionality - maybe it is buried somewhere documented or otherwise! It > might be interesting to send it in as a query to Wolfram support, and > see what they have to say - who knows, it might even goad them into > fixing the problem! I have passed on the suggestion to the relevant developers, for both Speak and midi sounds. I know that in the case of MIDI sounds, the reason this is not so simple is because Mathematica itself doesn't generate the wave forms--we pass on the notes to the operating system to generate using whatever hardware/software it uses. I imagine for Speak the situation might be similar. Which isn't to say we can't or won't improve the situation, just that it is not the 5 minute project it might appear to be. -- Itai Seggev Mathematica Algorithms R&D 217-398-0700