MMA/postscript/Textures

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: MMA/postscript/Textures
  • From: "Arthur Ogawa" <ogawa at orion.arc.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 92 15:28:58 -0700

I will reply to your question as a former production editor of the
Mathematica Journal.  I used Adobe Illustrator to massage all the
graphics that MMA produced that ultimately went into the Journal.
The method used was to employ MMA's Convert Clipboard command
to convert MMA's graphics into Adobe Illustrator 1.1 documents.

The document is then opened in Illustrator and edited there. Illustrator is,
of course, EPSF directly, so the results can be placed into your TeX
documents with no problems.

Incidently Textures has the ability to export to Illustrator formnat as well,
so you can use Illustrator to combine MMA-generated graphics with
Textures (TeX-set) type.  The results as presented in the Journal have
been quite good (if I say so myself).

Pick up a copy of the first volume or first issue of the second volume to
see the results.

Arthur Ogawa        Internet: ogawa at orion.arc.nasa.gov  Ph: 1/415/691-1126
TeX consultant      AppleLink: ogawa                    FAX:1/415/962-1969
STEPS Project      1101 San Antonio Rd. #413, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043-1002