re: Global styles definitions

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: re: Global styles definitions
  • From: Paul=Rubin%Management%Business at banyan.cl.msu.edu
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 94 13:16:22 EDT

Doug <doug at dam.colorado.edu> wrote:
>I am using Mma on a NeXT and would like to change the definition of a
>Style once and for all (the font for the Text style is too small),
>and not have to change it for every new notebook.  Is there a way to
>do this?

I use the Windoze front-end, not NeXT, but I think Mma's consistent on this.
See if you have an option under your Styles menu (if that's what it's called
on the NeXT) for Default Styles Notebook.  This is a notebook consisting of
style definitions, which is applied by default to every new notebook you
create.  If you can pull it up, change the offending style(s) and save it
under the same name.  Henceforward, all new notebooks will inherit the new
defaults.  There's also a way to apply the defaults to existing notebooks,
but be warned that it will change *all* styles in the target notebook, not
just the one(s) you altered, to their default values.

* Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone: (517) 336-3509   *
* Department of Management                       Fax:   (517) 336-1111   *
* Eli Broad Graduate School of Management        Net:   RUBIN at MSU.EDU    *
* Michigan State University                                              *
* East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)                                    *