Re: System of Equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg2134] Re: [mg2034] System of Equations
  • From: "Daryl Reece" <"reece_d%Organization=ELEC_SYST_ENGR%Telephone=(404) 263-9200 x4439"%a1.clust.CLUST.umc at engult.lxe.com (404) (404) (404) (404) (404) (404)>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 01:56:38 -0400

   Ovidiu-

   I hadn't seen a solution to your problem so I'll throw in mine.

   Soln1[t_,c_]:=
   FixedPoint[
     {fm[t,c] t E^(1+#[[2]] c)+3 E^6.5,
      Log[#[[1]]]/l[t,c]}&,{r0,k0}]

   This solution repeatedly applies a function to your initial guess for r
and k (r0,k0).  Nest could be substituted for FixedPoint.  I tested it on
some arbitrary functions, but I don't know if they are realistic.  The
above function could be polished to allow r0 and k0 to be input
interactively.

   Hope this helps,
   Daryl