windows mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg4205] windows mathlink
  • From: "Arturas Acus" <acus at itpa.lt>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 23:11:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
Just few weeks ago we upgraded our Mathematica. Now it has a
Mathlink. Therefore I have  theoretical possibility to performe large
calculations on more powerful computer  just behind a wall in next
room. What I need is to make mathlink connection between my computer
frontend ( DX 33 MHz running Windows 3.11 ) and  kernel which runs on
Pentium (Windows 95 ). Both computers have vinsock.dll installed.
Of course, I read documentation about mathlink, but it deals with
much more complicated  cases. May be somebody can give me an example?
Do I need start up in some special way a kernel on Pentium first? If
so then which connection mode I need to use? Or may be kernel on
Pentium will start up when I will start front end on my computer?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advice.

                                         Arturas Acus
                                                 E-mail: acus at itpa.lt

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====