Re: Turning image in GraphicsArray 90 degrees

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3516] Re: [mg3487] Turning image in GraphicsArray 90 degrees
  • From: jpk at apex.mpe.FTA-Berlin.de (Jens-Peer Kuska)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 02:49:25 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> I want to turn some (the uneven) images in a GraphicsArray 90 degrees.
> e.g. page 175 of Wolfram with 2D images.
>
> If I take two images (plots) I want to go from a X value to an Y value in
> the right Plot. Then from the Y-value in the Left-Plot (vertical) I want to
> go a Z-value on a horizontal axis.
>
> I have Windows 8.11, 486 8MB, MMa 2.2 for Students.
>
> Thank you in advance for evt. co-thinking.
> Jan Holland txp at pop.pi.net

Hi Jan,

here is the solution
(* at first make two pictures *)

pic1=
  Plot[ x^2,{x,0,4},
    DisplayFunction->Identity];
pic2=
  Plot[Log[1+y],{y,0,16},
    DisplayFunction->Identity];

(* Plot produces Line-primitives for 2d lines we must
   reverse the {x,y} pairs to get {y,x}
*)
Show[
  GraphicsArray[
    {pic1,
    pic2 /. Line[pnts_] :>
              Line[ Reverse /@ pnts]}
   ]
 ];

(* this works fine now we need a function that counts the
   positions in the list of graphs and applys the
   transformation rule to the even
*)

InvertEvenGraphs[
  lst:{_Graphics..}]:=