problems with mathematica on solaris box

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3514] problems with mathematica on solaris box
  • From: ed at cti.ecp.fr (Eric Doutreleau)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 02:49:04 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well here we have the following problems with mathematica on Solaris

When we lauch the math programs with input like

math < toto

where toto is data

we have the following misresult

All seems to work okay the results are fine and the process seems to
nicely exit

BUT the process mathclient goes on running.
It's really a bad thing because our users launches numerous math process and
as it seems to work well they goes on submiting job to the workstation.
But as the number of mathclient is increasing The machine is really
overwhelmed by theses numerous processes that are of no use.

Does someone knows how to solve this problem?

I have asked numerous time to wolfram about this problem but i received no
answers

Thanks in advance for any help

--
Eric Doutreleau
Ingenieur systeme a l Ecole Centrale de Paris

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====