Link to C, Fortran, or MatLab in Win 95

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg3447] Link to C, Fortran, or MatLab in Win 95
  • From: farr at thuntek.net (Everett Farr)
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 01:30:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

   I need to implement a singular value decomposition for a
large matrix.  The included function SingularValues is
too slow for a matrix of around 500x500.  I am considering
a link to either C, Fortran or MatLab, but the link tools
seem not to be in place.

   In theory. using C should be the easiest, but the template
compiler (correspondingto mcc or mprep) is not available on
Win95.  I have found sample code on Mathsource for Fortran and
MatLab, but these only work on other platforms,

   Can someone make a recommendation how best to implement
this?  Thanks very much.

   Everett Farr
   farr at thuntek.net

==== [MESSAGE SEPARATOR] ====