Re: Re: Instabilities(?) in mma 30 under W95

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6921] Re: [mg6890] Re: [mg6844] Instabilities(?) in mma 30 under W95
  • From: Xah Lee <xah at best.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:00:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 2:31 AM -0400 4/25/97, jason welter wrote:

>I have lost a notebook because of corruption problems with MMA 3.0 &
>Win95.  I don't know what happened but I do know that I regularly have
>problems when editing input cells, at least in one notebook.  When I
>edit the cell I loose text and cannot get it back.  I have to convert
>the input cell to text, edit it, then convert it back to Input format.
>I am using PPro200/32MegRam.

Me too. I constantly experience problems in input cells. I'm using a Mac.

Mma 3.0 is very unstable compared to v.2. With mma 3.0, the crash can also
totaly corrupt notebooks currently open, even they are already saved.
Solution: while working on important notebooks, make _backup copy_ every
few minutes.

If you have time, report reproducible crashes with detailed procedure to
Wolfram. Help them out a bit.

 Xah
 xah at best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/SpecialPlaneCurves_dir/specialPlaneCurves.html