ColorFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6945] ColorFunction
  • From: "Gene Bergmeier" <genebergmeier at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:48:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Your prompt suggestions and ideas are kindly requested.  I need to turn in
this work very soon.

I am still using Version 2.0 and wish to plot a contour plot such that when
f<0 the contour shading is white else it's black.  Basically, I'm trying to
point out the areas of zero crossing for the function f(x,y).

I've tried to develop a function similar to

	colorbw[x_] := If[f<0, GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel[1]]

and set the ColorFunction in my contourplot to

	ColorFunction :> (colorbw[#]&).

There is something wrong with my logic in colorbw.

Thoughts?

THANKS!!!

Gene :)