Writing Plots to Files as PICTS?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6972] Writing Plots to Files as PICTS?
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 22:25:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to run a Mathematica notebook which generates (slowly) 50 successive
plots (they happen to be 3D plots), and then convert these into a QuickTime
movie on a Mac.

If I try to do this in one notebook and then Animate or Save as a movie, I
run out of memory.  I'd like to Save the plots as PICTs in individual
files, or append them as PICTs to a single file.

Can I do this?  (Mathematica 2.2 or 3.0)