"PlotField2D'? (In between PlotField and PlotField3D?)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg8378] "PlotField2D'? (In between PlotField and PlotField3D?)
- From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 20:41:13 -0400
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Given three functions fx, fy,fz, all functions of (x,y) only, I want to plot an array of 3D vectors coming up out of the (x,y) plane. (Essentially its a vector flow field coming up out of a surface.) I'm sure I can kluge something up to do this, but is there a solution already? -- maybe PlotField3D with a very small value of zmax-zmin ?