Interaction with programs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5651] Interaction with programs
  • From: Tim Coutts <tcoutts at nrel.nrel.gov>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 22:56:42 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have written a package that I want users to be able to interact with.
For example, when the program is loaded into a new notebook, I want
the user to be given a statement "this program calculates....press
the ENTER key when you are ready"
Then a message should be received which says something like
"enter the data and hit the ENTER key when you have finished"
 I also want to be able to assign symbols to each of a series
of numerical quantities that the user will enter in this way.

It has to be easy but I don't know how to do it!  Any helpful\
suggestions will be gratefully received.

Tim Coutts
tcoutts at nrel.nrel.gov
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
303-384-6561