Re: Contour plot of irregularly spaced data
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [mg10596] Re: Contour plot of irregularly spaced data
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:42:28 -0500
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
On 20 Jan 1998, Serge Crouzy wrote: > > Dear Mathematica users, > > How can I make a contour plot of irregularly spaced data ? > > Namely, I read a file containing 3 columns > x1 y1 z1 > x2 y2 z2 > .......... > xn yn zn > > And I want to make a contour plot of the zi, located at > coordinates (xi,yi) in the plane... > > Thanks a lot for your help See Chapter 18, Section 4 of the book _Mathematica Graphics: Techniques & Applications_ by Tom Wickham-Jones. The subsection "Contour Plots" provides an example of a contour plot of irregularly spaced data. The example makes use of special packages written for use with the book as well as a MathLink executable, which performs the triangluation. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group firstname.lastname@example.org Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/