Re: Electric Field around a Capacitor

At 06:11 PM 5/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a notebook which computes the Electrostatic field
>around a parallel plate capacitor? I would like to get the fringing
>field. Finite difference seems to be the only way I can figure it,
>maybe someone else has been more clever.

Since you are solving the Poisson's equation in 2D with sources,
maybe you should use the relaxation method in a 2D rectangular grid.
The method is based on the fact that, away from a source, the
value at one interior point is always the average of the values
of its neighboring points.

William Wong
Massachusetts Insitute of Technology