Re: red-green stereograms

Hi Phillip,
I have something I like even better: I hope you have enjoyed already
stereograms made by two graphics side by side. I first give the code to
produce one.

In[1]:= grLeft=ParametricPlot3D[
               {Cos[t] (3 + Cos[u]), Sin[t] (3 + Cos[u]), Sin[u]},
                 {t, 0, 2Pi}, {u, 0, 2Pi}]

In[2]:= grRight=Show[grLeft,ViewPoint->{1.400, -2.400, 2.000}]

In[3]:= Show[GraphicsArray[{grLeft,grRight}],GraphicsSpacing->-0.1]

Now you blow your array up as big as you can, WITHOUT bringing the
centers farther apart as the distance between your pupils (it's very
hard to turn the eyeballs outward). Now you have to look at the array
the right way. Technically it's clear; you look with your left eye at
the left graphic and with the right one to the right. For beginners it
may seem very hard to do so, but if you succeed, you see three
graphics, and the center one is a beautiful 3D donut. You kind of let
your eyes drift, you see four graphics mixed together, then the middle
ones blend and voilá. I never found a person with two functioning eyes
who couldn't see it, and I used it quite seriously to visualize a wire
graphic and less seriously to please my daughters.

Jrgen