Re: Mechanical Systems Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14841] Re: Mechanical Systems Question
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at Home.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 02:16:51 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sounds like we are working your homework problem.  You don't need
Mathematica for his one.  Look in your freshman physics book.  In the
first few chapters you will encounter motion under a constant
force/acceleration.  There you will find VERY simple expressions for
x(t) and v(t) which should allow you to solve your problem.

Kevin