Mathlink Wantabe

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15579] Mathlink Wantabe
  • From: Jesse_Andrews at Berea.Edu (Jesse Andrews)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:23:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have had a lot of experience in programming in various languages and
operating systems.  I recently started using mathematica 3.0 for
students, and I love it.  I wanting to do a presentation at the end of
February about genetic algorithms.  I have an algorithm which works,
but I want to create a link to mathematica and grade each child based
on it's performance in mathematica.  The real problem I have is I have
never used mathlink and know only a little bit about it.  Where should
I look to find how to get started using mathlink.  I am running win98,
and will be using Visual Basic or Visual C++ (which ever works better
with mathlink, but I would perform basic since the viewers of the
presentation would follow the code better).  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Jesse Andrews
Berea College