Re: Syntax error using (*comments*)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23969] Re: Syntax error using (*comments*)
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I don't know about Linux, but in transporting notebooks created on a Mac to
the Windows version, this problem is largely avoided by clearly separating
comments with semicolons or by including comments only in text cells. It's
labor intensive, but saves a lot of grief in the long-run. I'm not sure why
the parser has trouble with comments, but I pulled out a lot of hair when I
needed to move a large number of notebooks from one platform to the other.

Atul

Atul Sharma MD, FRCP(C)
Pediatric Nephrologist,
McGill University/Montreal Children's Hospital