Graphing Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22476] Graphing Functions
  • From: "Julian P. Charko" <jcharko at telusplanet.net>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:22:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As a relative novice in Mathematica, I need help with a very basic
problem involving the graphing of a certain function.

The function in question is:

                                                          x^(1/3) -
x^(2/3).

The plotting function Plot[f, xmin, xmax] seems unable to deal with cube
roots of negative fractional real numbers.

Please let me know how I can obtain a plot of the above function over
the real number line from say,  from x = -10 to x = 10.

Thank you.

Julian

e-mail address: jcharko at telusplanet.net