recursion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25865] recursion
  • From: "F.M.Brul" <fmbrul at conceptsfa.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 02:04:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Can anyone explain to me what recursion means in terms of
converting an infix notation method to an pre or postfix
notati n method? Where van I find an example perhaps?
I want to write an algorithm that can converts say  (3 + 4)*6 to  *6+(3 4)
Hope this is the right group to post this question...

Regards,
Frank