Re: recursion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25880] Re: [mg25865] recursion
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at uml.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 02:55:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Frank:

The basic idea is that if exp = exp1*exp2, where * is any operation and exp1
and exp2 are subexpressions, a recursive description of the prefix form of
exp is

        * (prefix form of exp1)(prefix form of exp2)

The basis for this definition is that if any subexpression is an atom (a
number or variable) then the prefix form is the infix form.

Ken Levasseur
Math Sciences
UMass Lowell