Re: Double-spaced text within cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29237] Re: [mg29224] Double-spaced text within cell
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 04:24:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Oscar.A.Linares, M.D., Ph.D. wrote:

> I searched the archives for "double-spaced text" and found no search
> match. There is no 'button' or 'menu-item' in mathematica that allows
> changing the spacing of text to double spaced within cells.
>
> I would be most grateful if one of you Mathematica Gurus would let me
> know how I can get double-spaced text within Mathematica cells.

This is documented in _The Mathematica Book_ (Fourth Edition), Section
2.10.10.  Paste this expression in a notebook and evaluate it to look up
the topic.

FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["MainBook",
  {"2.10.10", "10.12"}]]

Keep in mind that Mathematica has different scope levels for applying
settings, so you may want to take a few moments to become familiar with
options, inheritance, and style sheets before making adjustments to this
setting.  Option scopes are discussed in Section 2.10.8 of _The
Mathematica Book_, and style sheets are discussed in the online
documentation here:

FrontEndExecute[FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["OtherInformation",
  "What Is a Style Sheet?"]]

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com