How to produce "thick" lines in 3D?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29412] How to produce "thick" lines in 3D?
  • From: Jose Capco <jcapco at mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:39:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear NG,

I am using ImplicitPlot3D to plot curved line, and circles in three dimensions
(this is a crude way, I plot for instance {Cost,Sint,0} to plot a circle lying
on the xy plane.. is there a package that does this for any polygon also?).
But how is one able to make these circles "thick"? There is no thickness in
Mathematica. This is a problem in design too, for instance if one wants to
design the wireframe of a car or some engineering design then this problem I
think arises. I am hoping for some suggestions.

Sincerely,
Jose Capco