Optimization packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29417] Optimization packages
  • From: "Hossein Kazemi" <kazemi at som.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:39:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have been using the MultiplierMethod package from Mathsource for last 2
years and have been happy with it most of the times.  Now my needs have
grown and have been checking into commercial packages; e.g., Global
Optimization and Industrial Optimization.  I would like to know if you have
had any experience with these or other packages.  Are they really better
than MultiplierMethod?

My needs involve nonlinear optimization with nonlinear equality an
inequality constraints.  The number of variables normally do not exceed 20.

Thanks
H. Kazemi
Kazemi at som.umass.edu