Graphing Abnormalities of Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29499] Graphing Abnormalities of Functions
  • From: rrosario11 at my-deja.com (Ryan R. Rosario)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 02:20:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi-

I am new to Mathematica 4.1 Student Edition. I am taking calculus and
I noticed that many of the graphs in my textbook are credited to
Mathematica. These graphs display holes in graphs as well as dotted
lines for asymptotes.

I have learned how to plot a function, but how can I also display
abnormalities such as asymptotes and holes?

-Ryan