Re: Mathematica formatting for large documents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29582] Re: Mathematica formatting for large documents
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:12:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

> If I were faced with generating a lot of stuff in Mathematica, then trying to
> format it, I might even resort to having Mathematica write out its output to a
> text file in "quasi TeX', then touch up that file by hand and typeset in
> TeX.

For that I have written a TeXFrontend to Mathematica form me.
It ist still in alpha-Testing but if you like to have a
copy ?

It read a TeX file, scan it for mathinput-environments,
evaluate the contents of this enviroments, paste the
TeXForm into the output file and you got a full evaluated
TeX transcription.

Since the TeXFrontend ignore all other style and formating
tasks you can use any style (twocolumn, floatfig ...)

Have a look at

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/qkratzer3d1.pdf

If you like to test/use it mail me direct.

But it is *not* interactive. It is written to typeset
a Mathematica session with a professional layout for
books, and documentations.

Regards
  Jens