RE: movie question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29492] RE: [mg29471] movie question
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 02:20:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Michael,

Needs["Graphics`Animation`"]

The following defines a single frame of your movie. It is usually necessary
to specify the PlotRange for animation to ensure that all frames have the
same actual plot range.

frame[t_] := Plot[Sin[t x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}, PlotRange -> {{0, 2 Pi}, {-1, 1}}]

The following cell: 1) creates the animation 2) selects all the generated
graphics cells 3) closes them up and 4) starts the animation. If the
animation has been stopped it can be restarted just by double clicking on
the visible graphics cell.

Animate[frame[t], {t, 0, 2Pi}]
SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell]
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]
FrontEndTokenExecute["SelectionAnimate"]

Also notice that, in addition to the animation control box at the bottom of
the notebook, you can
also control the animation with the arrow keys and control the speed with
the numeric keyboard.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/