Re: Mathematica and Powerpoint

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29553] Re: Mathematica and Powerpoint
  • From: Gary McClelland <gary.mcclelland at colorado.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 02:01:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

in article 9h1bnm$rqh$1 at smc.vnet.net, Flip at safebunch.com at
Flip at safebunch.com wrote on 6/23/01 12:07 AM:

> Hello,
>
> can someone please elaborate on the presentation mode mentioned below?

Its in the standard menus
   Format > Screen Style Environment > Presentation

It is just a display format that is pretty good when your computer screen is
projected.  I've used Mathematica live like that in many presentations.  The
ability to change things on the fly is really useful, unless you confuse
yourself and then your audience.  Someone asks, "what if" and you give them
the definitive answer.  I'm always amazed at how Powerpoint turns incredibly
powerful computers into bells-and-whistles slide projectors.  But if time is
short ("keep your questions until the end") and it is an audience that
wouldn't have patience with my "oops, that isn't what I meant to evaluate"
then PowerPoint with static slides works better.  But with a little practice
you can really wow an audience with a good Mathematica presentation.  Many
of us first bought Mathematica after watching Wolfram put on a show.

But I don't know anything about the "pdftex" and "pdfsceen package"
Jens-Peer referred to.  Enlightenment?

Gary McClelland
Univ of Colorado