Re: Mathematica formatting for large documents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29571] Re: Mathematica formatting for large documents
  • From: "David Annetts" <David.Annetts at dem.csiro.au>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:42:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Alan,

> i'd like some tips or urls for style sheets that i could use directly
> or modify - to write my phd thesis. grad office is medievally anal
> about formatting.  i'm especially worried about subtle bugs/problems.
> eg importing eps and font issues etc. thanks in advance

You might try and check out some of the theses at the University of Western
Australia.  Under Paul Abbott, several students submitted honours thesis which
were written in Mathematica.  Paul also had a paper at one of the Mathematica Conferences (1997
or 1998) which was very well formatted.

With regard to importing EPS files, why not just have Mathematica generate them?  If
it's at all possible, this might be better than importing things.

Regards,

Dave.