overlay imported picture with Mathatmatica calc

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29573] overlay imported picture with Mathatmatica calc
  • From: Alvin Larson <arl at swcp.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:42:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello:

I have a scanned picture, which I can import into Mathematica as a *.jpg or a
*.tif file.  I can view the jpg and tif files in a notebook.  I would like to
overlay this picture with a contour plot (colored lines with no shading) to
produce a combined picture for comparing experiment with calculation..  Using
Show[{,}] doesn't work (little contour and VERY big jpg).  Can anyone give me
advice on how to produce such and overlay of a calculation on a scanned
picture.  If I were to save the contour plot as a postscript file, is there a
program that would combine it with the scanned picture converted to a postscript
file?

Thank you .... Al Larson