Re: printing in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31715] Re: [mg31678] printing in mathematica
  • From: Omega Consulting <omega_consulting at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:29:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 04:47 AM 11/23/2001, Mike wrote:
>I have writting a function that goes through several thousand iterations and
>takes some time to evaluate.  What i would like to do is for it to tell me
>what iteration it is on at any given moment in time - if i use print[ ] for
>this then i end up with a huge list of numbers.
>
>Is there anyway to output a number to a cell and then to overwrite it with
>another number later?
>
>Thanks for any help
>
>Mike
>kodanguk at yahoo.co.uk

One way is to delete the old cell and then StylePrint.

UpdatePrint[text_]:=
   Module[{nb=EvaluationNotebook[]},
     SelectionMove[nb, All, GeneratedCell];
     NotebookDelete[nb];
     StylePrint[text,"Print"]
     ]

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"

Spend less time searching and more time finding.
http://www.wz.com/internet/Mathematica.html