Kernel configuration options for ssh

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38457] Kernel configuration options for ssh
  • From: christopherpurcell <christopherpurcell at mac.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 02:21:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am seeking a working Launch Command for the Advanced Options of
"Kernel Configuration Options" that allows ssh to be used. I can run a
bare kernel on a remote OSX machine via ssh from my OSX machine, no
problem, but have had no luck getting the same remote kernel to launch
from my Front end.

In the 4.2 Help Browser, under Getting Started,System-Specific
Information, Troubleshooting,Macintosh (MacOSX) it says:

"In order to connect to a remote kernel, you must be able to connect
via rsh without a password into the machine running the kernel."

I of course have been ignoring this advice, since in my environment
passwords are required. Does anyone know for sure if  ssh can be used
instead of rsh?

Christopher Purcell
DRDC-Atlantic, 9 Grove St., PO Box 1012,
Dartmouth, NS Canada B2Y 3Z7
Tel: 902-426-3100-x389
Fax: 902-426-9654
chris.purcell at drdc-rddc.gc.ca