suse 7.3 font problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33102] suse 7.3 font problems
  • From: "Ulrich T. Schwarz" <uli.schwarz at physik.uni-regensburg.de>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 06:30:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Mathematica crashes reproducible on me the first time it tries to print
any error message in the notebook. The error message is:

Mathematica has received the signal: SIGSEGV and has exited.
If possible, please report this problem to support at wolfram.com
describing in in as much detail as possible what you were doing
when the problem occurred.

If I manage to produce a error message in the seperate error window
first (e.g. by switching from working to presentation format), the
system will work thereafter in a stable manner.

This is one of the error messages in the seperate error window (but it
does not depend on this error message, essentially it is important that
any first error message is printed in this seperate window and not in
the main notebook.

Front End Message  (15:41:25 on 3/1/02)
The front end could not locate a CharacterEncoding file for the
requested encoding (XDCCC_LINEAR_RGB_MATRICES-iso8859).

Front End Message  (15:41:26 on 3/1/02)
The front end could not locate a CharacterEncoding file for the
requested encoding (_MOTIF_DEFAULT_BINDINGS-iso8859).

This seems to be another facette for the suse 7.3 font problem. Is there
any reliable and reproducable solution?

Thanks, Uli Schwarz

--
Ulrich T. Schwarz              Tel: (++49) 0941 943 2113
NWF II - Physik                Fax: (++49) 0941 943 2754
Universitaet Regensburg        e-mail: uli.schwarz at physik.uni-regensburg.de
D-93040 Regensburg
url: http://homepages.uni-regensburg.de/~scu04188