Re: Plotting from a file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33113] Re: Plotting from a file
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 17:15:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sune,
The importation seems to work OK using Mathematica 4.1
Otherwise

    rl=ReadList["datafile.dat",Table[Word, {7}]]

  res=  Map[ToExpression[StringReplace[#, "e"->" 10^"]]&,rl,{2}]

To get the second column use
    col2 = res[[All,2]]

To plot this use
    ListPlot[col2, PlotRange ->All]

The "option2 PlotRange->All will prevent any outliers being left out.
--
Allan

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting