Re: two fonts in Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34632] Re: two fonts in Plot
  • From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 02:55:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Does anyone know to get Mathematica 4.1 to use one font in AxesLabel and
> another font to label the ticks on the axes all within the same Plot?  I can
> achieve this effect with Adobe Illustrator 10 (Type->Find Font...) or with
> TeX's psfrag macro.  However, I would prefer to use Mathematica only.

Haven't checked all the details but I believe that you should be able to set a
default font for the plot using PlotStyle and TextStyle as options for the
overall plot (set within each individual plot, or globally using SetOptions).
then use StyleForm to set the font for individual text items as you add them to
the plot.  Messy, but should be possible.