Shortcut to select cell?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38945] Shortcut to select cell?
  • From: Kirk Reinholtz <kirk.reinholtz at jpl.nasa.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 06:09:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

All:

I'm striving to stay away from the mouse, using keyboard shortcuts
instead, so that I can move more quickly.

Here's one that's irritating me (on windows):

You are in the midst of editing in a cell.  You decide you want to
change the style of the cell (e.g. from text to small text).  There are
the Alt- shortcuts, but those only seem to work when the cell itself is
selected.  And so, the question: What keystrokes will select a cell
itself, from someplace within the cell?

Thank you.