Exporting Mathematica graphics as QuickTime movies?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41111] Exporting Mathematica graphics as QuickTime movies?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 03:29:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like to be able to export a sequence of graphics cells, typically 4
to 6 inches in size, from Mathematica into a QuickTime movie, using
Mathematica Export or Save commands.  When I do this at present, most of
each graphic falls outside the fairly small QuickTime window that
results.

Is there a Mathematica default I can set to enlarge the QuickTime window
into which the plots are exported?

Or a "QuickTime editor" to enlarge the frame afterwards? (probably not,
because the trimmed off portions are probably not even in the QT file)

Or, what ImageSize, exactly, would I have to set in Mathematica to get
the images down into the QT movie size?  (probably a bad idea, because
their resolution will probably come out very limited in the QT file)

It should be possible to solve this problem, because there's a less
convenient but very effective workaround I'm presently using.  That is,
Export the plots to individual EPS files on my HD; catalog the files
with iView MediaPro; and make them into a QuickTime movie with large
(near full screen) high-resolution frames using the very effective
QuickTime movie-making command built into iView.

(And iView also "flattens" the frames for multi-platform use in the
movie-making process, which Mathematica doesn't.)

--
"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Lord Acton (1834-1902)