email to mathgroup

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41106] email to mathgroup
  • From: Vladimir Zahoransky <zahoransky at pobox.sk>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 03:27:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathematica users,

    I am visually impaired Mathematica software user. I am using
Mathematica software four years. My quality of vision is at about 5
percent of vision. I am using magnification software - Magic vs. 8.0.
I have used Lunar or Magic (versions 3.0, 4.0 ...). Usually
Mathematica software is not conflictable with other software. I am
using high contrast view, dark brawn background and green text. I am
not using Jaws, because I do not need it. But, usually JAWS can
something speaking, but not all. JAWS can't interpretate some special
symbols - missing script for it. I am using Mathematica software for
my university education (I am studying mathematics, large
specialization mathematical analysis, small specialization -
algebraic structures), preparing articles for journals, learning by
developing, and programming. I am intensively using web pages
designed by Wolfram research, like mathworld.wolfram.com,
functions.wolfram.com, www.wolframscience.com. I am usually using
from web pages NoteBook versions, but if there is not NB file, I have
used pdf version.

   Could be possible to tell me (contact me) if you are visually
impaired Mathematica user too, or, if you have any experience with
Mathematica software using. I am lucky Mathematica software user. I
need know more visually impaired users. If you know someone who is
visually impaired and use Mathematica software, please send me
contact. If you have any experiences, please send me it. Thanks.

Best regards,

                                 Vladimir Zahoransky

Vyrazne zlavy pocitacov a prislusenstva
Napalovacka DVD Toshiba v cenach uz od 7.840,- Sk bez DPH
Navstivte nas na adrese http://www.somi.sk/akcie.php