Re: Weird message

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43511] Re: Weird message
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:40:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 9/17/03 at 7:58 AM, akpovo at lmfp.nhmfl.gov (Ch akpovo) wrote:

>  I just upgraded my mathematica 4.2 to version 5. I created a code which was
> running fine on the old version. When I run the code with the new version it
> gives me the following message
>

> CholeskyDecomposition::obslt:
>   CholeskyDecomposition is now a System` function. The package
>    LinearAlgebra`Cholesky` is obsolete.
>
> Needs::nocont: Context LinearAlgebra`Cholesky`
>           was not created when Needs was evaluated.
>
> I do not understand. Can anyone help?

In version 4, CholeskyDecomposition was accomplished by loading the package LinearAlegebra`Cholesky`.  In version 5, CholeskyDecomposition is built in and does not require loading a package. The message is simply trying to tell you this.

You can either ignore the message or you can edit the code by commenting out the line that has Needs["LinearAlgebra`Cholesky`"] in it.