Re: Convert all graphics to reduce file size?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43558] Re: Convert all graphics to reduce file size?
- From: Jim Jennings <no at spam.invalid>
- Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:39:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The University of Texas at Austin
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <bkee0d$m79$1 at smc.vnet.net>, P.J. Hinton <paulh at wolfram.com> wrote: > On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jim Jennings wrote: > > > Is there a way to automatically convert *all* graphics cells, but *only* > > graphics cells, before saving a notebook? > > > > I am running Mathematica version 4 on Mac OS X. I hope to upgrade to > > version 5 soon, but I will be stuck in version 4 for a while... > > There is an undocumented key-mouse combination that can be used to select > all cells of a given style. The combination is platform-specific: > > MacOS X : Option-Click > Windows : Alt-Left Click > X Window: Mod2-Mouse 1 > > If you perform this operation while clicking on the bracket of a Graphics > style cell, then all cells having that same style will be selected. > > This should help you to adjust your cell selection before performing the > front end menu command that converts selected cells to bitmaps. Perfect! Just what I needed. Thanks for the help and thanks also to Paul Abbott for the same solution. -- Jim Jennings, Bureau of Economic Geology, The University of Texas at Austin reply to jim dot jennings at beg dot utexas dot edu